Mostrando resultados 1 a 37 de 37

Discusión: Prueba nivelacion ingles

Médico Investigador

Prueba nivelacion ingles

Che, alguien hizo la prueba de nivelación de ingles?

Yo me anoté para inglés tecnico y mañana tengo que ahcer la prueba.
    La verdades que no tengo idea en que consiste supongo que será una mini conversación.

Hasta ahora no meimportaba, peor ahora me agarró un poquito de cosita porque hacemucho queno estudio/ptractico inglés, asique debo ser un tartamudo hablando.

Alguien tiene idea cual es el nivel de 2nivelación" que piden para inglés tecnico? Supuestamente es copatible con nivel 3 del curso de ingles comñun. REspecto al FIRST o a algún examen saen si es parecido mas o menos?

Bueno... ayudas son bienvenidas

saludos
    nacho

Médico Residente de Tocoginecología Avatar de Dr. Matute
    Citar Originalmente publicado por Nacho.tk Ver post
    Che, alguien hizo la prueba de nivelación de ingles?

Yo me anoté para inglés tecnico y mañana tengo que ahcer la prueba.
    La verdades que no tengo idea en que consiste supongo que será una mini conversación.

Hasta ahora no meimportaba, peor ahora me agarró un poquito de cosita porque hacemucho queno estudio/ptractico inglés, asique debo ser un tartamudo hablando.
    Honestly... I have no idea about that English course...
    But, I have a suggestion for mancia's users.
    What if we open a section, like a sub-forum... somewhere, somehow... so we can "talk" (or write, hehe) in english?
    It could be an easy way to share our knowledge... to improve our enlish level and to stay in touch with the language... or not
    It's been many years since I stopped studying.... I have no problem in reading english... even listening, 'cause I'm doing it almost everyday whenever I read websites, or watch TV or listen to music... but... talking? writing?

I'm sure I'm full of mistakes. My grammar is probably much much worse than 5 or 6 years ago. But, anyway... I like english, I've always liked it. I have no time right now to keep on studying... (unless I don't succeed on the residency (??) exam... and I'm unemployed for a year or more!).

Well...
    That's it.
    I don't want to study,
    I have to go to ISEF in about an hour
    My brain is completely smashed

I've nothing better to do.

Never mind...
    Answer in spanish, italian, zulu... or however you want
    Ignore my ideas... They're probably senseless.

Cya,

Matias

Manciano graduado Avatar de starckar
    Dr. Matute (me siento como en ER leyendolo en ingles) I sooo love your banner... the one that says "Medico/Manciano"... how did you do it?

And yeah, I'm in the same situation, using my reading skills all the time, but I haven't had any practice in oral or writing for some time now. It's disgusting.

En fin... ven ya me saturo de escribir tan poco. Que triste pensar que hice seis años de ingles tres veces por semana, pasando el FIRST y quien sabe si el CAE o el TOEFL (no conozco bien los niveles de esos, la verdad).
    Bua, me voy a llorar a casa.

Médico Investigador
    Dear Matute,

I think it`s a great idea! It wolud be great for u that nned to prectice and good for those woh read. In my particular situacion i feel more ashamed for my speaking tha for mi writing. My pronunciation really sucks but i know it`s just a question of practicing.

I`ve been luky enough to travel to non-spanish speaking countrys and i found it great to practice my english while traveling. However those times have gone and now the only things in english for me are papers TV and movies.

I also consider that an english sub-forum will atract foreingner stundents and it will help mancia to grow. But i feel a litle bit ashamed when writing cause i know there are several mistakes in my writings.

I have to read some spnish "ORL" (i don`t remember de word in english) but i`ll return a continu this topic.

Good luck!
    Mr. Nacho

Manciano Principìante Avatar de Nataka
    Me da paja...
    Nachín, ayer dí el de francés. El tipo leyó un cuentito 3 veces. Después teníamos que contar (oralmente) lo que había dicho. Lo mismo para portugués.
    Te recomiendo que repases un poco. Por no repasar quedé en nivel 2, "porque no manejás el pasado". Y yo eso lo sabía!!! Bah, en el colegio lo ví, al menos. 7 años sin contacto con el idioma... definitivamente es mucho!
    [INDENT]Amo, ergo sum. [/INDENT]

Manciano Principìante Avatar de gigita1987
    Wow!! this is actually a very good idea! I've studied english for many years and, as you guys say, we can only practice our reading/listening skills, but not the writing (at least not as often as the others)
    I wanted to sing up for english at IULM (Instituto universitario de lenguas modernas, es de la uba) because there were some courses that seemed interesting (about Films, Tv and everyday language) and I thought they would be helpful... But I couldn't start this term, I guess I could try again in july...
    Well, I wish I had something exciting to tell you, but unfortunately I don't so I guess we'll talk later! see ya!

Médico Investigador
    Do you think we should ask for a sub forum called "English lessons" o something like that?

Dear Mr. Nacho,

I can see you type as fast in English as you do in Spanish.... meaning that your lack of letters, or miss-placement of them is trans-idiomatic (?)
    Anyway, as I said some days ago... the brain can understand the words as long as the first and last letters are in the right place... so, reading your posts is always a challenge for our minds.

Talking about experiences... I also had the privilege to travel around many countries when I was younger (or young, as I'm probably old right now compared to other 'mancians').
    I lived in the USA in 1986, when I was 5... 'cause my dad had the opportunity to work for some months in the Jackson memorial hospital in Miami. However, I think I didn't learn any English back then... 'cause I was very young... And I don't remember even a thing of those days. My memories are only photo and video-based... haa

Some years later... during the years of president Mendez... the forgettable and unmentionable one... We traveled quite much. And during those trips, I tried to practice my English.
    Then... at high school, I won a scholarship... I went to England to study in a city called Bournemouth... It was a short, but nice english course... and basically because I lived with an english family... and made some foreing friends... so I had to speak... even think in english all day long. After that (as a gift from my parents for winning the scholarship), I went to other countries in Europe... all by myself!!...

And finally... in 2001 I traveled to new york with my brother (younger than me)... so I was 'in charge' of him... I had to do all the talking, all the arrangements for everything.. but I reeeeeally enjoyed it.

And that's it..
    Those days are gone (don't miss understand me... I don't want the unmentionable back in business)... and now I have to be at home, studying (or supposed to be studying)... all for what? to get the chance to earn a few bucks a month... and travel... nowhere. But they say hope is the last thing you lose.... so I'm sure one day soon I'll go back to Europe to see how much it's changed since the last time I've been there... or anywhere else in the world (not the USA, I don't like it... I don't like them).
    Talking about impossible... or almost impossible things... I've seen Dubai is a really nice place!... so if one day I have some dollars of my own... Maybe one day.... I'll go there... And If they want a gynecologist... ... and they want to pay in dollars, euros or oil... they'll have one!

Let's keep on dreaming! and hoping!

Matute MD

Do you think we should ask for a sub forum called "English lessons" o something like that?
    It's probably a very good idea! Maybe they won't find out what we're asking for if we don't do it in the right place.

Let's ask for it... and in english, of course!

Manciano Principìante

Smile

Yes, we should!!
    English is a very important tool for doctors.
    I hope that Mancia will become an international forum jajaj

Médica Residente de Neonatología
    Moderadora
    Citar Originalmente publicado por .:Dr. Matute:. Ver post
    Dear Mr. Nacho,

Anyway, as I said some days ago... the brain can understand the words as long as the first and last letters are in the right place... so, reading your posts is always a challenge for our minds.

Matute MD
    matute u are watching too much National Geographic!!!!
    It's a great idea to use this forum to talk in english! 'cause I used to talk a lot, to read a lot and to speak...well, to speak not so much...jajajaja.

Manciano en carrera Avatar de cowie
    OMG!! id love it!! i speak english everyday :P since my bf is from EEUU (long story dont ask :P) its really normal for me. im also an english tutor, but the problem is that when it comes to typing i get way too lazy and type like this :P (without the "'" or capital letters which is really bad!) but im sure writting here will help me with that

hi! Yes! I think we should ask for an English subforum... that'll give us the chance to practice, and to share not only our english experiences (which I personally don't have many) but also to talk about medical stuff...

I've never travelled abroad or anything, I only found my english useful once or twice when I met some people form the US who were visiting our country... and of course, when I watch sony or Warner !!!

Matute, which school did you go to? that scolarship thing sounds amazing!! I remember that our english in high school was awful... I mean, I think the hardest thing we learned was the simple past...

Cowie, I think I know you... I figured out who you were because once you told us about your American boyfriend... you went to Salud mental at the Alvear, right??

Citar Originalmente publicado por gigita1987 Ver post
    hi! Yes! I think we should ask for an English subforum... that'll give us the chance to practice, and to share not only our english experiences (which I personally don't have many) but also to talk about medical stuff...

I've never travelled abroad or anything, I only found my english useful once or twice when I met some people form the US who were visiting our country... and of course, when I watch sony or Warner !!!

Matute, which school did you go to? that scolarship thing sounds amazing!! I remember that our english in high school was awful... I mean, I think the hardest thing we learned was the simple past...

Cowie, I think I know you... I figured out who you were because once you told us about your American boyfriend... you went to Salud mental at the Alvear, right??
    jajaj yes!! its me!! awww im known cause my boyfriend, how cute JAJAJA
    how are you?

hi!! im ok, now I'm a bit tired 'cause I just came back from training... but fine... how r u? how did you arrange your schedule? I mean, when do you have Fisio (Physio??) and Bq?? maybe we can meet at school someday...

Manciano en carrera Avatar de Lumed
    Nacho.tk: yo rendí el examen de nivelación de inglés el año pasado. Fue con Ana Bento. La verdad fue una pavada, nada que ver con el First. Era una hoja de ambas carillas con ejercicios de veras muy fáciles (si no me equivoco, en tiempos verbales, lo más lejos que llegó fue a una pregunta de Present Perfect). Te cuento que yo quedé en el 6º nivel y hacía como tres años que no estudiaba. Igual, el tipo de examen te da una idea de que no es muy útil hacer el curso si, por ejemplo, tenés el First aprobado. Tal vez algo más práctico sería un curso de conversasion, fijate.
    Sobre lo de inglés técnico, según lo que me dijeron a mi, tenías que tener un nivel de 4º en inglés y semiología aprobada (si no me equivoco).

Espero que te sirva!

PD: Qué bueno que tu pregunta creó una iniciativa sobre un subforo, estaría re bueno para no estar tan oxidados en un idioma al que muchos le dedicamos tantos años!

hi!! im ok, now I'm a bit tired 'cause I just came back from training... but fine... how r u? how did you arrange your schedule? I mean, when do you have Fisio (Physio??) and Bq?? maybe we can meet at school someday...
    sure hun!
    my schelude sucks BIG time. i go tuesdays from 10 till 18!!!!!! and i work at 19.20 so imagine how fast i run that day LOL! (in case somebody doesnt know LOL means= Laughing out loud) and then fridays from 14 till 18, u?

Manciano Principìante Avatar de **LuCiAnA**
    narcisismo en medicina?? naaahhhhh
    Editado por **LuCiAnA** en 31-Mar-2007 a las 12:58 PM Razón: es un chiste ehheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
    [CENTER]Lula : Bruja y Mala[/CENTER]
    [RIGHT] Reloaded versión 6.9 Rock&Roll (?)[/RIGHT]

Citar Originalmente publicado por cowie Ver post
    sure hun!
    my schelude sucks BIG time. i go tuesdays from 10 till 18!!!!!! and i work at 19.20 so imagine how fast i run that day LOL! (in case somebody doesnt know LOL means= Laughing out loud) and then fridays from 14 till 18, u?
    well, mine isn't that better either... I go from 10 to 21.30 (yes!) on tuesdays, and then mondays and thursdays from 16 to 20... tuesday morning bq? 'cause that's when I go...

well, mine isn't that better either... I go from 10 to 21.30 (yes!) on tuesdays, and then mondays and thursdays from 16 to 20... tuesday morning bq? 'cause that's when I go...
    yes!! awesome we are gonna be classmates (i hope! :P) by the way do you know which classrom is?

Médico Investigador
    Finally the exam day came and it was a pecace of cake.
    The write exam that some of you mentioned was only for those who wanted to study english as a languaje and to decide the level they will be asigned.

In my case i had a nice chat in spanosh talking about my english studyes. As I did first certificate there was no problem and i was about to leave when the techers told me (in english this time) "So you did first certificate, right?" and we have a piece of chat that lasted no more than 5 minutes and that was the whole "level exam".

Have a nice weekend.
    Nach (nacho en ingles ajajaj)

Manciano experto Avatar de Dengue
    The write exam that some of you mentioned was only for those who wanted to study english as a languaje and to decide the level they will be asigned.

In my case i had a nice chat in spanosh talking about my english studyes. As I did first certificate there was no problem and i was about to leave when the techers told me (in english this time) "So you did first certificate, right?" and we have a piece of chat that lasted no more than 5 minutes and that was the whole "level exam".

Have a nice weekend.
    Really?
    I took FCE too. Would you mind telling us a little bit about the classes once you´ve been to a few of them? Because if it really helps you understand papers and other stuff to improve our study I would consider doing that course as well...
    But in the other hand, my English teacher said that she could make me skip CAE to do the CPE if I passed FCE with an A or a B. I passed with B, but it was in 2004, and honestly I don´t know if I could start again and remember all the details as good as I did back then...
    If I was to do any language course, I could start only by july, since I´ll be busy with exams... I don´t know what to do, because in addition to all the things I´ve mentioned, I´ve always liked a lot of other languages... I have very, but very small notions of Italian and German, and I would also like to increase my knowledge about them...
    Anyway, Buenos Aires is always full of tourists, and I have a small chance to practice my oral skills by giving directions at least for a few minutes almost every weekend... Or they ask you to suggest them a place to visit, so I´m not as bad as I thought I was, but not quite as good as I used to be...
    So, Nacho, after a few classes I´d like you to post your opinion...

Well, congratulations!!!
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [LEFT]Laws may make some types of works and inventions ineligible for monopoly; such works immediately enter the public domain upon publication. Many kinds of mental creations, are never covered by copyright.[/LEFT]

Have a nice weekend.
    congrats!!!!!

Médico Investigador
    Dear dengue:

I wasn`t able to se the programme of the course but i`m not interested in what you are. In my case i can unsderstand most of the pappers and i have no problems in that stff. What I consider very usefull is the clinical issues in english. This has more to be with clinical history, sintoms and signs rather than to understanding papers.

A friendo of mine told me that te programme has those parts (clinical history, etc) so i don`t know if the course will be appropiate for you.

In don`t particulary agree with your english teacher about skippin CAE. What`s it`s benn told is that if you pass FCA with A you`re ready for CAE. Besides, you may speak english perffect and not pass those exams because of te kind of excersices.

Thank´s to all tha congratulate me... but it was really easy that exam if i can call it like that)

Manciano experto Avatar de Dengue
    Dear dengue:

I wasn`t able to se the programme of the course but i`m not interested in what you are. In my case i can unsderstand most of the pappers and i have no problems in that stff. What I consider very usefull is the clinical issues in english. This has more to be with clinical history, sintoms and signs rather than to understanding papers.

A friendo of mine told me that te programme has those parts (clinical history, etc) so i don`t know if the course will be appropiate for you.

In don`t particulary agree with your english teacher about skippin CAE. What`s it`s benn told is that if you pass FCA with A you`re ready for CAE. Besides, you may speak english perffect and not pass those exams because of te kind of excersices.

Thank´s to all tha congratulate me... but it was really easy that exam if i can call it like that)
    I know it´s aimed at more advanced students. I was just curious about it. I didn´t know the UBA offered this kind of courses. I would only do it when I get to the UDH(sic)...
    Anyway... I´ll see what can I do this year about English and stuff.
    Good luck...
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [LEFT]Laws may make some types of works and inventions ineligible for monopoly; such works immediately enter the public domain upon publication. Many kinds of mental creations, are never covered by copyright.[/LEFT]

yes!! awesome we are gonna be classmates (i hope! :P) by the way do you know which classrom is?
    No idea! I guess we'll be divided into small groups according to our last name...
    Congrats on passing the test (?), nacho!!
    anyway, I should be leaving now...byezzzz

Manciano Nóbel Avatar de Tincho
    I'm going to throw in my two cents and follow up on dengue's request, because I wanted to do the technical English course in the second semester of 2006 and got shot down when informed I could only do it after passing semiology. If you can keep us posted on the topics the course covers and such, as well as the overall quality of the classes, it would be much appreciated. Cheers, Nacho, and thanks.
    [RIGHT][CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. -George Bernard Shaw
    [/RIGHT]

No idea! I guess we'll be divided into small groups according to our last name...
    Congrats on passing the test (?), nacho!!
    anyway, I should be leaving now...byezzzz
    yeah i guess, whats your last name? :P Mines Lara, maybe we are in the same group.
    its the 5° floor, junins side, right? im soo lost with this :P

yeah i guess, whats your last name? :P Mines Lara, maybe we are in the same group.
    its the 5° floor, junins side, right? im soo lost with this :P
    mine's pizarro... and yes, i think it's on the fifth floor but i don't know if it's in paraguay or junin :P

Médico Residente de Psiquiatría
    Hello there! I just want to share my point of view about two of the aforementioned topics.
    Firstly, I don´t know anything whatsoever about the "Technical English" course. However, I believe it is most unnecessary. In order to be able to read any medical text in english with ease, we need practice, and practice alone. I think that the key word is "ease": it is easy to read a text in english (provided that the reader knows the language) but "ease" is paramount when it comes to studying. The technical words are plainly understandable inasmuch as they derive from latin or greek, being thus almost identical to ours, except for a "y" or a "ae" from time to time. As far as the clinical mumbo jumbo is concerned, it is enough to read any internal medicine book, and look up any new word as it appears.
    On the other hand, I do belive that the Cambridge tests can be bypassed. The FCE is equivalent to the Europena Level 3 of proficiency. The CAE is level 4, and the CPE is level 5. The difference between levels is important, but not unsufferable. Nevertheless, many private institutes do not allow their students to jump exams, not because the likelyhood of them failing, but because of the time and therefore money they woud be saving (and the institutes not earning)

Regards
    [CENTER][/CENTER]

Manciano Principìante
    Hello !, yeah, it s a very good idea . But i think we are all trained to speak english in a determined way, what i mean is that we learn english,we talk,speak ,listen in a particularly form, and then, when we listen or talk with people of another country or even when we read something , it s quite different.

It s a great idea to learn english, it s our future, but we must practice or go to a country where the language it s spoken.

No se si fui claro,pero es eso
    saludos.

Manciano Principìante Avatar de 8ScorpionCrisis8
    man! what happend with the idea of creating a subforum where we can only write in english! that's a very good idea!

I apply for the level test this afternoon so i'm looking forward to be asigned !

(sorry if there's any grammar mistake! :P)
    [LEFT]"...Unitl we meet again, may God hold you in his hand..."[/LEFT]

[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Manciano Principìante
    Yo me inscribí para la prueba de nivel x internet... y ahora!? voy directamente ese día? tienen idea en q parte de la facu se rinden??

Moderadora
    Docente de anatomía
    Vas directamente a la facu el dia y la hora que sea la prueba, el aula depende de la docente que hayas elegido para rendir...

Una de dos, o preguntas en extensión (paraguay izquierda, cuando llegas al primer piso, doblas a la derecha, es la oficina de ahi), o vas al centro y quien este se comunica con extensión por tel y le dicen, y te dice

Besos!
    [RIGHT]

[/RIGHT]

[CENTER]Basta de inseguridad en nuestra facultad![/CENTER]

Manciano Principìante
    Dear Matute,

I think it`s a great idea! It wolud be great for u that nned to prectice and good for those woh read. In my particular situacion i feel more ashamed for my speaking tha for mi writing. My pronunciation really sucks but i know it`s just a question of practicing.

I`ve been luky enough to travel to non-spanish speaking countrys and i found it great to practice my english while traveling. However those times have gone and now the only things in english for me are papers TV and movies.

I also consider that an english sub-forum will atract foreingner stundents and it will help mancia to grow. But i feel a litle bit ashamed when writing cause i know there are several mistakes in my writings.

I have to read some spnish "ORL" (i don`t remember de word in english) but i`ll return a continu this topic.

Good luck!
    Mr. Nacho

Hello, My name is E E M I and i´m an english translator. Your grammar isn´t so badly, but I can see that you have some American expressions, but, in general, is good. A big hug!

Médico Investigador
    Thanks Bro. I´ve been living in the US since February, so i hope that my english is a little bit better now.

By the way... is it correct your phrase "Your grammar isn´t so badly"??.
    I´d say it´s "Your grammar isn´t so BAD". I think badly is an adverb not an adjective.... but you´re the translator.

Let me know if i'm wrong.
    Keep in touch
    Nacho

Manciano Principìante
    Hola

Mi nombre es Cecilia y preparo alumnos para rendir exámenes de universidades (UBA; UAI; Kennedy, etc) o estudiar de forma regular, conversación, técnico, etc. Todos los niveles.

En San Telmo o por Skype.

También preparo alumnos de italiano y francés (aclaración!: no soy profe de estos dos idiomas pero estudié 8 y 6 años respectivamente, y tengo amplia experiencia preparando alumnos de universidades)

Inglés Siglo 21 | Clases particulares
    Inglés UBA | Clases de inglés en San Telmo y por Skype

156568 3709

Discusiones similares

1. Ingles En La Facultad
    By ANALIA in forum Materias extracurriculares
    Respuestas: 258
    Último post: 17-Oct-2014, 04:58 PM

Reglas del foro