BrE/AmE

BrE/AmE

Página 1 de 2 12 »
  1. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos

BrE/AmE

Hello people...

I love watching TV and stuff, and I've realized through the years that british pronunciation seems much more attractive to me than others, such as american or australian. Although sometimes it's a little more difficult to reproduce than the ones I've mentioned, I really enjoy listening to that particular way that british people have to speak. Even if you listen the same speech with different pronunciations, it sounds sooo much better by someone who uses the british one. Besides, when it comes to something as banal as an insult, you get a wide variety of classy, stylish, wit expressions that make me like it even more.

I'd like you fellows to tell me your opinion about this issue, the way you see it, and also to vote, for british, american or any other you like.

See you...

Laws may make some types of works and inventions ineligible for monopoly; such works immediately enter the public domain upon publication. Many kinds of mental creations, are never covered by copyright.
  2. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    American English is the bastard child of the English language. A shame to the English that they engendered that, particularly given the exposure.

Then again, the English spoken in New England (particularly Boston) is quite similar to what you hear as British English (which in itself is artificial... what you hear on the BBC was invented by the BBC, it isn't really a dialect in any part of the Isles). Cockney, for instance, is rarer these days, and utterly incomprehensible. Geordie is very funny, and if we're talking about the best worst-pronounciation it has to be the Scottish Brogue, and by far. God damnit it's spectacular.

I find the Australian accent tremendously suitable to women for some reason.

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. -George Bernard Shaw
  3. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    God I love those scottish bastards!!!!!!

It's quite ugly but at the same time it's spectacularly fun listening to!!(by the way, I love the Sean Connery impersonation on SNL ).

And I don't understand what you say about aussies, Tincho. I just remember poor Steve Irwin (RIP) saying 'Danger, danger, danger!!!', and it doesn't sound that good. And I don't think of australian women as particularly feminine as well.

Laws may make some types of works and inventions ineligible for monopoly; such works immediately enter the public domain upon publication. Many kinds of mental creations, are never covered by copyright.
  4. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    It's quite ugly
    Ugly? Scottish brogue UGLY? It's art. It's fucking marvellous!

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=mMmw6MKBNAA[/YOUTUBE]

And I don't understand what you say about aussies, Tincho. I just remember poor Steve Irwin (RIP) saying 'Danger, danger, danger!!!', and it doesn't sound that good. And I don't think of australian women as particularly feminine as well.
    I knew a few Aussies, and well, the accent suited them.

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. -George Bernard Shaw
  5. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    It's ugly in a very lovely way... I don't really know how to say that, but its not that I don't like it... It's fascinating.
    What I mean is that it's not as elegant as the regular english you listen in a movie(any movie with Hugh Grant for instance), but I really love it.

6. Avatar de Julietitaa
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    You like 'tomeitou', I like 'tomatou'...
    Let's call the whole thing off!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3fjQa5Hls[/youtube]

Editado por Julietitaa en 23-Jul-2007 a las 02:26 AM

Be kind to me, or treat me mean,
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine.
  7. Estudiante de Medicina
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    I love scottish, irish and low class English =), like the english spoken in "Billy Elliot" for example.
  8. Avatar de .:PAU:.
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    In my case, I´d say that I prefer to speak and listen american english. I don´t know why, maybe because I feel more comfortable. However, I like british english also, specially when I´m joking... it sounds great.
  9. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    When you say "Low Class English" do you mean East-End Cockney?... And as common and popular as it was up until world war 2, it's beginning to fade. Which is a damned shame, it's veritably witty even if it's nigh on incomprehensible.

10. Estudiante de Medicina
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Citar Originalmente publicado por Tincho Ver post
    When you say "Low Class English" do you mean East-End Cockney?... And as common and popular as it was up until world war 2, it's beginning to fade. Which is a damned shame, it's veritably witty even if it's nigh on incomprehensible.
    I´m not sure if it´s that english, when i say "low class english" i´m basically thinking in english spoken in british movies that are about the lower classes, the ones that comes to my mind right now are, as i said "Billy Elliot" and "Full monty". But if you say it´s beginning to fade, then i guess it´s not probably the one i talk about... since those movies are relatively new (yeah.... for me a movie of 10 years ago is still new )
  11. Avatar de Selene_85
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    I Love the british pronunciation... had to practice for years, until I was able to pronounce it properly... One of the thing I love about Anthony Hopkins is his voice and the way he speaks... ( I'm pretty sure I can fall in love with a man just by hear him talking.... (damn freak ))
    Australian accent is very charming, But nothing compares with the scottish one though...
    Well, it's quite late...( and I should be reading toxo... )

Fer

P.S: As I said in another post, sorry, if I sent fruit () but, my engligh is a little bit rusty....
  12. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Citar Originalmente publicado por Selene_85 Ver post
    P.S: As I said in another post, sorry, if I sent fruit () but, my engligh is a little bit rusty....
    Iu can send fruit bicos iu ar e guach pistol (?)

Saluds.!! jajajaja

13. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Ramon Writes.

14. Psy
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    as long as it's not ghetto english (is that kind of slung even considered a language???), i like any kind of english. even german/english.

"I'd like to takke you to churrrccchhh"

voila! beautiful.

Juan

ps: i thought i could only like black & white movies while they were related to the gilmore girls somehow. but that thing my biological mother posted its quite good!!! (yeah, you are my biological mother. it's sort of hard to explain... so i'll call the whole thing off XD!!!!)
  15. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    When did I get a brother????

(Never stops... not even in English... )

16. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    I deny any involvement in the engendering of that aberration of nature.

Oh, and, black and white was the age of good cinema.

17. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    I already knew you weren't my daddy...

18. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    I already knew you weren't my daddy...

I was talking about the other human derangement.

19. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    You're just another guach pistol...

20. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    You're just another guach pistol...
    Born, raised and PROUD to be so.

21. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Born, raised and PROUD to be so.
    Like every other guach pistol...

Like my neuro helper... He's the biggest guach pistol I've ever met...

22. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Give this guach pistol the respect he deserves, you pendej!

23. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Give this guach pistol the respect he deserves, you pendej!
    Hoohohoho!!!

Do guach pistols deserve respect or they don't ??? That's the question... Not that Hamlet thing...

And you are just a guach pistol like I said... You think I'm a pendej... But I'm no pendej anymore...

24. Avatar de Julietitaa
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Citar Originalmente publicado por Psy Ver post
    ps: i thought i could only like black & white movies while they were related to the gilmore girls somehow. but that thing my biological mother posted its quite good!!! (yeah, you are my biological mother. it's sort of hard to explain... so i'll call the whole thing off XD!!!!)
    Well, what can I say. It's Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Impossible not to adore them.

And about the motherhood thing... WHAT DAAAA HELL??? Shouldn't I remember at least giving birth?! I'm afraid my past is darker than what I thought...

I deny any involvement in the engendering of that aberration of nature.

Oh, and, black and white was the age of good cinema.
    Yeah! Now I remember...
    Bad news, honey bunny! This Johnny 'thing' is actually yours.

Citar Originalmente publicado por dengueee Ver post
    When did I get a brother????

(Never stops... not even in English... )
    I'm so sorry my dear! No more lies, I promisse.
    At least not until the next moron comes up to join the "screw julietitaa's reputation" team (?).

25. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Well, apparently, they ain't just screwing your reputation, gorgeous!

26. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Hohohoho!!!!

Cyanide and Happiness...

27. Avatar de Julietitaa
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    I know. That's the idea.
    The problem is.. guys are just too sentimental! They should start facing the fact that a 'one night stand' does NOT include kids, a dog and a house in the suburbs.

28. Psy
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    First of all:
    i AM a human deragement.

but i wouldn't be so if my both real parents hadn't dumped me in a trash can outside luthien's house!!!!!!!

oh, by the way, my real father is Matute. I wonder how my mum could ever forget him!!!

tincho, no hard feelings. we just don't belong to the same family.
    dengue, ditto to you.

the thing is, basically, luthien declared herself as my mother -giving me a whole family, not just a mother-, but an adoptive one -she wanted to get rid of the bloodbonds, just in case :P-.

so, as a personal revenge, i declared my original parents matute and you julietitaaa. you were the two more suited to fill the place of my messed up -but clever- genes. as a result, you ended up being my parents, without you knowing it :P.

that's the short version. for the extended family tree, and further explanation, text "John 1" to *666.
    if you want to see wether julietitaaa and matute accepts their NOT newly born kid, text "John 2" to *666.
    if you want this show to cancel, and put the ever succesful sitcom "Friends" insted of it, you can go to hell.

see ya!
    John
  29. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    i AM a human deragement.
    Good to know.

oh, by the way, my real father is Matute. I wonder how my mum could ever forget him!!!
    Matute?? I can't believe Matute got involved in something like this...

tincho, no hard feelings. we just don't belong to the same family.
    dengue, ditto to you.
    Good to know.

the thing is, basically, luthien declared herself as my mother -giving me a whole family, not just a mother-, but an adoptive one -she wanted to get rid of the bloodbonds, just in case :P-.

so, as a personal revenge, i declared my original parents matute and you julietitaaa. you were the two more suited to fill the place of my messed up -but clever- genes. as a result, you ended up being my parents, without you knowing it :P.
    F*cking bizarre...

that's the short version. for the extended family tree, and further explanation, text "John 1" to *666.
    if you want to see wether julietitaaa and matute accepts their NOT newly born kid, text "John 2" to *666.
    if you want this show to cancel, and put the ever succesful sitcom "Friends" insted of it, you can go to hell.
    I send "Jonh 1" and "John 2". Idon't want it to be cancelled.

30. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Damn. First everyone says they're my kids and then it turns out they aren't. The emotional trauma is going to destroy the few shreds of soul I have left. Soon I will be completely soulless.

Mwahahahahaha.

31. Avatar de Julietitaa
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Citar Originalmente publicado por Psy Ver post
    That's impossible. Matute never touched me.
    Unless...

OH MY GOD!!! He's the freakin Holy Spirit!!!
    Wowowoooo wait a sec... Does this make me the 21st century's Virgin Mary???

Who would've thought, hum?

Editado por Julietitaa en 14-Aug-2007 a las 11:45 PM

32. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Wowowoooo wait a sec... Does this make me the 21st century's Virgin Mary???
    Oh, snap! Pull the other one, it's got bells on it!

33. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Damn. First everyone says they're my kids and then it turns out they aren't. The emotional trauma is going to destroy the few shreds of soul I have left. Soon I will be completely soulless.

Mwahahahahaha.
    I've already told you... you're 100% toxic waste...

Does this make me the 21st century's Virgin Mary???
    Not so happy to say this, but... hell, NO!!!

Who could even believe it??

34. Avatar de Selene_85
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Iu can send fruit bicos iu ar e guach pistol (?)

Saluds.!! jajajaja

… Let’s see if I get this straight… Tincho is/was with Julietitaa… they conceived a child (Denguee) but it turns out that she’s not tincho’s daughter…
    Then a man appears claiming the fatherhood of Denguee… ( some delivery guy)… and just when we thought that everything was in order, a second child appears (Psy), saying HE’s Julietitaa’s son…. (and Tincho seems to be his father….) but then Psy “ calls the whole thing off “ by saying that Matute is his biological father!!!

This is a freakin’ greek comedy ( or tragedy) and I’M the guach pistol???????

35. Médico Residente en Terapia Intensiva
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    No, no, no, you got it all wrong. It's a lot more convoluted than what it originally appears.

36. Avatar de Selene_85
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    No, no, no, you got it all wrong. It's a lot more convoluted than what it originally appears.

So it seems... Now there's a virgin, and the Holy Spirit is involved... Man.... and I thought that I had problems...

37. Avatar de Dengue
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Psy... I don't even know why he's involved in this whole thing...

He's not even son of any of my parents...

I don't wan't a brother, I want to be an only child...

38. Avatar de Selene_85
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos
    Psy... I don't even know why he's involved in this whole thing...

He's not even son of any of my parents...

Don't worry honey.. people have accidents all the time...
  39. Avatar de Julietitaa
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos

Of course dear.. I dumped him as soon as he was born, remember? I don't even know how he managed to find me. Whatever, got rid of him once, can do it twice!

Tincho, I promissed little dengueee a house of chocolate, you know. If she doesn't get one, she's gonna be reeeeeally mad and if she gets mad? she's gonna stop letting us rent her body and, well, I can't think of any other way to get the money to buy our perfectly legal... stuff. Think about it, you're running out of time. Your family's patience has a limit, damn it!

40. Avatar de majo1301
    Agradecimientos
    recibidos

Then again, the English spoken in New England (particularly Boston) is quite similar to what you hear as British English
    I'm sorry to tell you that I was born in New England (Hartford, Connecticut) , very close to Boston,and the English that is spoken there has nothing to do with British English. It is true that there are several dialects in USA as happens here, but they differ a lot from the Brits.
Página 1 de 2 12 »
Ranking de temas y usuarios de este foro
  • Temas populares
  • Temas populares

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO